I'll be sharing my "soba set meal" which can be prepared within 15 mins with the right ingredients at home! I learnt it from my mum when I was younger (not off an online recipe) but it's still very similar to what you get outside.
Ingredients needed :
- 1 inch diameter of buckwheat/soba noodles
- A small bowl of Soba sauce
- Dried seaweed (amount to your preference)
- 1 Egg
- Just a few drops of sesame seed
- Edamame (amount to your preference)
*For one serving
1. Start by boiling the egg and soba noodles in a pot of boiling water for about 10-15 mins
2. Boil the edamame in a separate pot for 5-7 mins. Afterwards, drain the water out and add some salt to your bowl of edamame.
3. Drain the cooked soba noodles and place the noodles in a bowl with ice. Remove the ice/water when the noodle is cold.
4. Shell the egg and cut into half
5. Prepare the soba sauce.
- Pour about half a cup of soba sauce into a small bowl, add a few drops of sesame seeds and seaweed into it.
6. Garnish the noodles with some seaweed.
IT'S NOW READY!!! DIP THE SOBA NOODLE INTO THE SOBA SAUCE AND EAT AWAY (:
You can switch brands if you want but the above are my preferred ones.
Edamame from Fairprice
Soba sauce from Cold Storage
Sesame seed, bag of seaweed and buckwheat noodles SHOULD be from Isetan (mum got it so idk but she usually gets her jap stuff from isetan)