But being the intelligent shopper that I am I don't just buy from any old website I see on the net. Here are a few rules that I live by:
- Always buy from the official website of the brand you are looking for if its available. It may be more expensive, but it is also much more reliable.
- If such is unavailable, buy from a well-known and reputable online store. They also have very good return policies in case they don't appear as they do online, wrong size, damaged or you just don't want them.
- Always keep the boxes and all the sheets of paper (smart label) it comes with until at least a month after purchase, for easy return.
- Never pay for shipping. This is AMERICA, you should always get free or even upgraded shipping. Give them a call if you don't.
I know, this is probably all common sense and old news for fellow intelligent shoppers out there, but it never hurts to reiterate. Here are a few of my favourite online stores:
- Urban Outfitters (of course!)
- Girl Shop (some of the cutest and most fashionable clothes out there)
- Amazon (for a healthy dose of chick lits)
- Intuition (for LA-style and celebrity buys)
Happy Shopping Everyone!
ps. Today is Bush's inaugural day, wear black and refrain from shopping in protest!